Monday, March 14, 2016

Perspective


This is made to show what a schizophrenic episode is like. It's a little long so I understand if you don't feel like watching it, but essentially, it shows a man having a paranoid episode because he does not take his medication.

In terms of how I would show my character's schizophrenia, I wouldn't want to take this video's approach and make it a POV with voices in his head. I reffer to this video because it provides a helpful perspective. Filming it, I would go more of the route that A Beautiful Mind took where they displayed John Nash's schizophrenic hallucinations from a third person persepctive as if they were real. For my film opening, I do not want to say outright that he is a schizophrenic; I plan to hint at it. For instance, we will hear his cell phone ringing but when he looks at his phone, it is off. The audience will be just as confused as him because we are not seeing it dirrectly from his eyes and being thrown immediately into his hectic inner thoughts.

In this scene from A Beautiful Mind that whole scenario is a hallucination that Nash is having. Granted, I do not plan to make my own production that elborate and I do not plan to fool the audience into believing it is real like Nash does. I simply plan to create mystery, a reasonable doubt about whether or not they are witnessing reality completely. Maybe a watch's tick will consume the whole room or he sees a different outfit in the mirror than the one he has on; subtle things. All of this is yet to be determined, but it the case of my movie opening itself, I'm moving in the right direction. All I need is a plot for the rest of the film...

No comments:

Post a Comment