Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Starting Off!

Alright everyone, so there's not much on the blog so far, and before I dive into this whole process with you guys, I wanted to let you know what I’m doing and why.
This is all part of a project (considered half of my final exam) for AICE Media Studies at the AS level, a high school class created by Cambridge. If any of you has heard of the class or plan to take it, you can find more information about it here. The project assigns me to create a two-minute film opening for a story of my creation. I am also in charge of documenting the whole process, from actually thinking of the idea, to the research, all the way to the final product, which is why we’re all here!
So, since this is the first post, I figured I would talk about what my ideas are as of now.
Currently, I am thinking of making the opening to a suspense film; now I haven’t done the all the research as to the customs and practices when making suspense films so I will share my ideas for the opening itself once my research has influenced me a little more.
Originally, I had planned to tackle a completely different genre and make the story about a failed teenage romance, the pressure of being in this age, and the influence of drugs. I was actually pretty dead-set on this idea until one day, I was playing around with my guitar and created an eerie, ominous sound that I really wanted to put on screen. Check it out.
So, I changed the whole idea and genre and am now pretty dead-set on this idea. This project is in its very early stages; there are so many ideas in my head and I have many creative decisions to make, but I plan to expand my knowledge of the genre (and hopefully help you do that as well!)  and what I want my own idea to be in the near future. This is the first time I have gone behind the camera to create a project like this so I’m not 100% sure what to expect but I am very excited to have the opportunity and incentive to do this, and especially be able to share it with all of you. I’ll keep on posting with research, ideas, my obstacles, and successes.


Welcome to my blog!




"Cambridge International AS and A Level Media Studies (9607)." Cambridge 
     International Examinations. N.p., n.d. Web. 9 Mar. 2016. 
     <http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualifications/ 
     cambridge-international-as-and-a-level-media-studies-9607/>. 


No comments:

Post a Comment